Monday, August 17, 2009

I am crucified with Christ, yet I live!

i am tired.
yesterday was a looong day - full of goodbyes, tears, laughter, joy, sorrow...
my last day at Home Acres for the next year is over.
I will miss that place most of all, i think.
They have truly become my second family - always surrounding me with love and enveloping me with their friendship, kindness and peace of mind.
Saying goodbye to the youth group last night was so surreal.

Kevin and Nick planned this amazing reverse mystery trip.
You see, throughout the year, we take high school students on 'mystery trips' and usually I'm the only one that knows where we're going. Well, last night, I was the only one that "didn't" know where we were going. Some people let it slip, but it was amazing and I truly had a BLAST shooting people and getting shot myself. What a way to end such an amazing ride. I can't wait to come back to those kids.

And now it's time to focus on friends. I have given myself the next two week and a half to say goodbye to some of the greatest people i know - my friends. so much of my focus has been on getting ready and whatnot, that I've neglected one of my friends and i feel terribly, but i also know that our friendship will be the hardest one to which I'll say "see you later."



I received an amazing gift from Vriesland Reformed Church in Zeeland - $2,100.
That puts me at about $10,000. I'll have the official numbers later in the week. YAY! Praise God from whom ALL blessings flow!

No comments: