Saturday, April 5, 2014

My Top 10 Foods (aka ways to my heart)

1) Cheese - Ooohhh weee, I love cheese.  I like cheese slices, cheese sticks, cheese balls, cheese dips, grated cheese, chunks of cheese, shredded cheese, cream cheese, cottage cheese, American cheese, Parmesan Cheese, Pepperjack cheese, Mozzarella cheese, Swiss cheese, Cheddar cheese, Provolone cheese... I love cheese.

2) Chocolate - Ooohhh weee, I love chocolate.  Just like cheese, I like it in every form and every flavor.  Honestly, my favorite are cordial cherries (but not the cheap dollar store ones).  My other favorites are peanut butter cups and twix. 

3) Macaroni and Cheese - OMG.  I love macaroni and cheese.  I can eat it plain.  I can eat it with things mixed in (like chicken, spinach, kale, tomatoes, ground turkey, anything...)  It's my favorite go-to meal.  Honestly, with the right variety in mix-ins, I could probably eat this for lunch or dinner every day.

4) Spinach - Fresh or cooked, This is my go-to green.  I love it on sandwiches and as a salad.  I love it as a dip.  I love to sautee it and mix it in with risotto.  Not only is it delicious, it's healthy!

5) Olives - I was first introduced to olives as hors dourves at my mom's family gatherings.  Green olives were always served next to little pickles before dinner.  Back when I was a vegetarian, I wanted something besides cheese on my pizza... so instead of mushrooms, I started ordering black olives.  Mind.  Blown.  It pretty much changed my world.  Here are two new options if you're looking to try olives on your pizza: sausage and black olives, and pepperoni and green olives.  You'll thank me later.  I promise.

6) Fruity beer - Okay, so just as a disclaimer: beer is for those who are 21 years and older.  Also, it should only be enjoyed in moderation, please.  With that being said, I occasionally enjoy fruity beer: lemon shandy, cherry wheat, etc.  So good.

7) Good red wine or sparkling red wine - Another beverage for the older crowd, but this is a favorite as well.  I first fell in love with red wine in Hungary.  They have excellent wine in Hungary that most of the world doesn't know about.  Upon returning to the US, it has been my favorite treat.

8) Chicken - Chicken chicken chicken: the staple of most of my meals.  In fact, I'm eating chicken pizza right now.  However, because I cook with it so often, I rarely order it when I eat out.  But I could eat fried chicken, baked chicken, crockpot chicken, canned chicken, chicken salad, chicken chicken chicken.. om nom nom.

9) Pizza - PIZZAAAAA!!!  I srsly could eat pizza everyday.  Every.  Day.  I am eating pizza right now!

10) Deviled eggs - more chicken!  Of course, this is a much different form.  I can never eat enough of these at every potluck.  Sometimes I take a few more than my fair share and I feel so guilty!  I love them so much, though, and I never just make them for myself.  That would indeed be a bad idea.

No comments: