Thursday, July 10, 2014

My Dream Job

Many people always ask about my work.  It's hard to understand what I do from a business world.  Shoot, it's hard to understand what I do when I ask myself to describe my job.  However, is it my dream job?

No.  It's close, but it isn't it.  Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy my work and the things that I am doing.  It has been a job that truly uses my strengths (and my weaknesses) and brings me back day after day with a feeling of accomplishment.

So, what is my dream job?  Well, I have this dream of living along the border of the US and Mexico.  I would love to find an abandoned church and turn it into a haven.  My family and I would occupy some of the space as our home.  Also in the building would be a few apartments for families currently working through issues along the border.  Whether they've been split up or they're working with immigration or they're looking to find someone, it would be a safe place for them to rest for some time.  Another section of the building would be filled with community resources.  Legal, English classes, medical support, job training, etc.  The possibilities are endless.

I have this dream.  I am convinced that even with this job, I am becoming more and more prepared to fulfill this dream.

What are your dreams?  How are you on your way to accomplishing them?

No comments: