Monday, August 15, 2011

Massive Road Trip!!!

Because I will be "On a Journey", I will post my blogs from my roadtrip on here. I'm super excited about it and can't wait for the plans to actually happen :D

August 20 - First stop is Zeeland, MI for Jeff and Chelsea Lampen's Michigan Wedding Reception.
The next stop is Evansville, Indiana to meet up with a couple of techs from Detroit who traveled there to do some work.

August 21 - The next stop will be Oklahoma City, Oklahoma to have dinner with Ann Marie, a girl whom I've never met but have communicated with for the last few years via livejournal and facebook.
I will probably crash somewhere in OKC for the night and get a good night's sleep before continuing on.

August 22 - The next stop will be Flagstaff, Arizona, where I will hopefully stay with some couchsurfers. I just got turned down by some couchsurfers, so hopefully I can find someone else.

August 23 - Drive about 2 hours, stop for a lemonade, and go sit at the Grand Canyon. I don't have anything planned except to just take in the scenery, see what my options are as far as tours, and rest. I have accomplished the goal for the journey if I make it this far.
In the late evening, I will travel on toward Kingman, Arizona, where my aunt lives.

August 24 - I will hang out with my aunt and her roommate/partner for a few hours, then hop in the car and head toward Phoenix, AZ. After a 4 hour journey into the city, I will re-meet my uncle, aunt and cousin... and meet for the first time a couple of my cousins. I am nervous about this, but I am also excited! It's time I acted like an adult and made time in my life for my family, near and far.

August 25 - I'll be headed out rather early to get to Dallas, TX. Mike moved here about 6 months ago and I miss him very much. I can't wait for him to show me around his new life and just... be with him and his family :)

August 26 - After dinner, I'll be headed to Shreveport, LA. This is where I'll meet Chris, a Multiband technician that I became friends with a long time ago. We've never met in person, so this will be a bit nerve-wracking, but also fun :)

August 27 - Today will be spent hanging out with Chris. He took the day off work and I'll probably be sleeping! :P It should be a nice, relaxing day. We'll probably even go see a movie that night :) Nice and chill...

August 28 - I'm taking off very early in the morning toward Chicago, IL. I hope to stop along the way and go to a random church. I am very much looking forward to those random church visits. My final destination is Emily's apartment in Chicago :)

August 29 - Homeward bound. :) The goal is to have the rental car cleaned and back at Enterprise by 2p.

No comments: