Wednesday, September 19, 2012

It is with a sad heart that I update you.

A while ago I posted a prayer request for a refugee friend in Hungary who had been detained.  I have a very sad update and still urgent prayer request to pass along.

On September 4, 2012, I received word that Ali was being deported back to Iran.  On September 5, he was deported.

The email I received stated: "No one knows what awaits him upon his return. He is strong in his Christian identity, but we don't know, and he doesn't know, if he will find any support back in Iran, or if he will simply go under arrest, or what. Nor do we know if we will be able to have contact with him after he leaves here."

We have not heard anything since his departure.

To quote my friend, Enikö:  "It is hard to accept a system where there is no mercy... where credibility and legitimacy are so narrowly defined. Please continue to hold Ali in your prayers as he is facing a very uncertain future."

Keep in mind all this went down 2 weeks ago now.  I haven't heard anything, so please keep Ali in your prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its like you learn my thoughts! You seem to understand so much approximately this, such as you wrote the ebook in it or something. I think that you just can do with a few % to force the message home a little bit, however other than that, this is wonderful blog. An excellent read. I will definitely be back.