Sunday, October 28, 2012

Prayers Requested

For the last couple months, I've had a hard battle.  I've had about 3x more migraines than usual in the last month.  In this last week alone, I had 4.  Usually I can count on 1 or 2 per MONTH.  It's been hard to attend class and hard to concentrate when I do attend.

The struggle with this is that sometimes the Excedrin or store brand migraine medicine doesn't work as quickly as it used to.  I also don't always have it on me, since my migraines USED to be very predictable.

The other part of the struggle is that I have only limited options as far as insurance is concerned.  I have Plan First, which is a Michigan program for women in order to get annual exams, as well as family planning needs (if I were to decide to have a child, I believe it covers the pregnancy, but I'm not completely sure).  What I am sure of is that it doesn't cover non-family planning services.  :(  Migraines are not included.

I have spoken with one of my professors, who is also my adviser and boss for the LAS minor job.  She has offered to help me if I need it.  I just pray that they'll go away on their own.  I'm tired of fighting, ya know?

No comments: