Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Moved out, moving in, moving forward... moving...

And so, I sit here on my futon (which is waiting for it's new owner to come get it), staring at a pile of stuff in the corner, a television and dvd player that have been unhooked... and an otherwise empty living room.  The major time of transition has begun.  My kitchen table, my bookshelves, my tv stand, my dresser, my desk and my nightstand have all been moved (along with several totes) to my parents' storage shed in Saranac.  And now comes the fun part: getting everything else to fit in my car and still be able to fit myself and my boyfriend.  In a few short days, I will officially move out.

In one short week, I will be all moved in to my new apartment on Staten Island, NY.  I still have no idea what the apartment looks like and that's okay with me.  I have stuff packed that is probably silly and I am leaving stuff home that I will probably want.  Oh well.  Whatever I need, I've always been able to find it... and much more.

Moving forward with my life means leaving things behind.  It means I have to leave behind my family, my friends, my spiritual director, my coworkers, my confidants, my boyfriend... all "my people."  I have to leave behind a job that I have loved.  I have to leave behind my catdaughter... again.  I leave behind an amazing housing situation in order to go into an unknown one.  I leave behind perfect timing for one of my life's dreams for another one of my life's dreams.

However, it's safe to say that I AM moving forward.  I am following a dream.  I am going somewhere, even if it's unknown, to follow a calling.

No comments: