Saturday, February 1, 2014

My First Memory

My first memory is difficult to determine, actually.  I have two very early memories, but it's hard to determine which is the earliest.

Option #1 -
The timing on this memory isn't difficult to determine.  We were in the airport and I was very young - 4 years old, actually.  My baby brother, Randy, had just been born and we were headed to Alabama.  We were waiting in the airport and I was impressing my grandparents with my reading abilities.  Included in that impression was my ability to spell the word "special."  That was really awesome, according to my grandfather, that I was so smart at such a young age.  I remember feeling so proud.

Option #2 -
This is the memory for which I'm unsure of the timing.  I cannot remember if it was when I was 4 or 5 because I cannot remember for which sibling we were awaiting news.  I remember getting the call that my mother had had the new baby while we were at Grandma and Grandpa Richter's home.

What are your first memories?

No comments: