Saturday, September 6, 2014

Hunger Action Month - Day 3 - Serving

I have to admit something to all of you: my favorite part of living with my partner is that I get to cook for him. Tonight's menu is turkey burgers, corn on the cob, and crispy potatoes. So good. I can't wait to serve it to him when he gets home.
What about you? Do you like cooking? Do you like serving people in larger groups? Our program serves groups of 15, 30, 50 and 150... all through the skill and will of volunteers. If you like to cook, chop vegetables, serve oth...ers, even clean up, consider spending a few hours at your local soup kitchen. Even the smallest of towns has at least one - it may be a prayer breakfast for teens, an afterschool dinner program for kids, once week at a local church or a full on meal served at noon every single day. Give a few hours a day, a week, a month... it will make a difference and you'll be participating in ‪#‎HungerActionMonth

No comments: