Thursday, June 25, 2009

fortune cookies, flights and funds

so, my fortune cookie said: "the best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others."
wow.



in other news, I booked my flights home for my brother's wedding -

Thursday, October 8th, 2009 -
Depart: 6:25am Budapest, Hungary (2hr 0min later...)
Arrive: 8:25am Brussels, Belgium
Change planes. Time between flights: 1hr 20min

Depart: 9:45am Brussels, Belgium (8hr 15min later...)
Arrive: 12:00pm Newark, NJ
Change planes. Time between flights: 2hr 55min

Depart: 2:55pm Newark, NJ (2hr 5min later...)
Arrive: 5:00pm Grand Rapids, MI

i am excited about getting here on Thursday at 5p because I will need to go dress shopping... and it will give me time to reconnect with my family and friends...
Friday will be hanging out with friends in the morning/afternoon... then rehearsal dinner in the evening.
Saturday will be the wedding, of course.
Sunday is church and youth group at Home Acres
Monday is chill with friends/family until I leave for the airport...

Depart: 6:30pm Grand Rapids, MI (2hr 5min later)
Arrive: 8:35pm Newark, NJ
Change planes. Time between flights: 0hr 50min

Depart: 9:25pm Newark, NJ (7hr 40min later)
Arrive: 11:05am Paris, France
Change planes. Time between flights: 4hr 40min
(4 hours 40 mins!!! i might just go into the city and have lunch :D)

Depart: 3:45pm Paris, France (2hr 10min later)
Arrive: 5:55pm Budapest, Hungary



$876 later... I'm broke.
that's 90% of my savings since Jan. 1, 2009.
yay for spending $1000 on a wedding that isn't even my own!
but, i love my brother and Nikki and wouldn't miss this for the world.



I have approximately $7000 committed so far, with about $500 that's been pledged but not given.
that's $5,500 short of my goal.
Still, though, i'm over half-way there.
i'm on my knees and I'm praying that you will all join me there.
it involves lots of prayer and joy and sadness and worry and fear and trust...
that's where I am.

No comments: