Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Broken... People, Broken... Into, Broken... Down

Last week was a week of brokenness.  It's a sad thing to realize, but I also know that my God is bigger.  I know that my God heals.  I know that my God gives strength.  These are not only things that I know, but things I need to hold onto in difficult times.

Broken people used the church to fulfill a need last week.  Between the items they took and the damage they caused, it added up to about $10,000.  These were all material things that can easily be replaced.

They broke into all of the offices in the church, including mine.  Thankfully, no one was hurt and the church wasn't extremely destroyed.  We need new doors but we don't need a new God.  While this happened to us and it's very unfortunate, He has remained with us and has protected us.

Unfortunately, this has caused some painful moments in the lives of the staff.  We need prayers for protection (some of the things stolen contained our addresses and personal information).  We need prayers for peace (our offices were places where we felt safe and now they're kinda creepy feeling).

Moving forward one step at a time.

No comments: