Monday, April 22, 2013

The Ending of A Chapter

This last weekend was the last middle school retreat of my youth ministry career at Home Acres Reformed Church.  It was such a bittersweet moment. 

In one way, I was sad.  I was sad that it was my last one.  I was sad that we had snow for the first retreat in seven years (since we pushed the dates back).  I was sad that more students were supposed to go, but couldn't at the last minute.  I was sad that not all of my volunteers could make it to celebrate such a hard year... with such a great retreat. 

It was sweet because it was such a great retreat.  We had 5 students accept Christ into their hearts for the first time.  We had students that were happy to be there and worked hard to be there.  We had leaders that truly wanted to be there for the students.  We had pretty good weather after Friday night.  We had great fun taking advantage the other activities that we didn't have time for last year.

What a great way to end this season!  I can truly celebrate... and I celebrate not the end, but because through all of our preparation and worry, God showed up.  God made Himself known in great ways this weekend.  So good!

No comments: