Thursday, April 11, 2013

Through the Psalms and The Busy-ness

So, these last couple posts have been more about my spiritual journey than my physical journey.  These thoughts spring out of my days of silence and they've been things that were either struggles while there... or struggles since then.

One theme that kept recurring then and continues now is "God, what have I been missing out on in the busy-ness?"

What have I missed?  I mean, the busy stuff has been mostly good busy stuff.  School is good.  I truly shouldn't be not busy with schoolwork.  It is good and it will BE good.  This is not a problem.  Work is good.  I have to work to get a paycheck.  I have to get a paycheck to live the lifestyle I've chosen.  It is good and if I stay busy with it, it will produce good results.  This is not a problem.  Putting time into a relationship and friendships is good.  You can't expect them to be all given to you without putting in some time in maintaining the closeness.  These are good and they are necessary to have a full life.  They are not bad things.

Personally, I've missed out on a rich prayer life.

I've missed out of feeling as though I'm God's invited guest.
Psalm 5:7 - But I, by your great love, can come into your house; in reverence I bow down toward your holy temple.

I haven't gotten ready to go.
Psalm 45:10-11 - Listen, daughter, and pay careful attention: Forget your people and your father’s house.  Let the king be enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your Lord.

I've relied on things of the world instead of God's unfailing love.


I've relied on myself.
Psalm 25:15 - My eyes are ever on the Lordfor only He will release my feet from the snare.



So... what have you been missing out on? 

No comments: