Friday, September 11, 2009

Jó napot! (Good day!)

so, it's 1:30p here and it's Friday. in 3 hours, my first week of language school will be done... thank goodness. I am so ready to be done with this stress, but I also can't wait to actually speak the language, so i know these two weeks will be worth it.

in the last week, i am developed a pretty terrible cough which is starting to worry me a bit, but there are problems with this: a) we're in a small town and there is no doctor here (or pharmacy for that matter)... b) i don't know how to do that yet... c) i haven't gotten my insurance card yet... d) there is no time for traveling to another town.
so, i just keep coughing through the night and not get any sleep. tomorrow we are taking a day trip to a bigger town, so i will get some medicine, i hope.

so, the pictures in this post are from Sarszentlorinz (Shar-sent-lorins). The first picture is actually instructions for the shower. There was one night there that I couldn't sleep and woke up at 12midnight awake and ready for the day, so i took my dictionary and sat in the bathroom to translate the sign (cuz srsly, what else would I do with my time in a small village, in the middle of the night?!) I quickly gave up when i realized that of the first 4 words, only 1 was in my dictionary. fail.
the second picture is self-explanatory: it's a shower. notice that the shower head is not attached to the wall, but movable. It's like that everywhere. Some have nice hooks so that you don't have to hold onto the shower head, but many do not. Just a random tidbit of information for y'all.
The third is a picture of our beautiful view. The picture does it no justice, but it was taken from a very comfy seat on a porch of sorts. We could see quite a way and it seemed to always be clear across the valley. So pretty!




until next time, visontlatasra! (see ya later!)

No comments: