Friday, April 30, 2010

The Terézvárosi Gyerekház

I realized that I've never shared much about my morning work since I started there. So, since the weather is beautiful and I would much rather be outside drinking my coffee, I'll make this short.

It hasn't always been easy work or even fun work, but when the kids come, they really do make me smile :)

This is the painting on the wall when you enter. It's Tamás the train. the B/K in the upper left stands for Biztos Kezdet (Safe Hands). That is the organization/program that the childrens' house works under. It is also the same program that Jeff's childrens' house is with, so that is kinda cool - the RCA is working with Biztos Kezdet :)


This is Balázs, one of the kids who comes quite regularly.


Balázs has a twin sister: Anna. On many days, they are the only kids we have, which is okay because they're cute and fun and manageable (with 4 adults) :P


and one day, we got there and it was just Balázs and Anna, so we decided to decorate some eggs :) these are blown out eggs, then dyed, then beaded with glue. These are very typical Easter crafts for Hungary, so it was fun to participate :)

No comments: