Saturday, May 22, 2010

Istenünk nagyon jó!

God is so very good!

I stood on my balcony the other night, enjoying the storm coming through Budapest. As I stood there, a thought came across my mind: "I have $1500 left to raise... what happens if I don't raise that money before I return?"

I sent out the email that I send out each time I'm getting ready to write my newsletter asking if there had been any changes to my account in the last month.

The email response I received was NOT what I expected...

(drum roll please)

I have gone over the $12,000 mark!

I received $1080 in the last month because God moved in the hearts of some people. Because God hasn't lost faith in this work, why oh why did I lose faith that this money wouldn't come through?!

I still have $371 left to raise and about 2 months to raise it, but come on! That's pebbles compared to $12,095!

Celebrate God's goodness today with me and praise God for all the plans that He's laid out and PROVIDED for along the way.

:D

*~*~*

A random excursion to the beautiful city of Eger with my roommate, Silke.
One Saturday, Silke and I had nothing to do and Eger was on both of our lists of things to see and do. We headed out in the morning and arrived near midday and prepared ourselves for an adventure! Check out what we saw!

The Basilica was built between 1831 and 1836 and is the second largest church in Hungary (after St. Stephen's Basilica in Budapest). Silke and I spent a few moments translating the Latin and we THINK we know what it means - any guesses from you?


The Fazola Gate


The Minaret is the northernmost building from the Turkish Empire in all of Europe.


A view of the castle wall and Minorita Church, one of the most beautiful Baroque churches in Central Europe.


Calvary within the castle...


Just some pretty views of parts of the city... isn't it so romantic?

No comments: