Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My Summer Plans

Today, I met with Emese to discuss my summer plans.

Just like in youth ministry, when you're working with kids and ministry, summer can be very busy.
And, of course, with any change of course, I'm finding myself excited to explore new opportunities.

I have 6 working days left at the Children's House.
On June 1st, I move (unofficially for 3 weeks) to Balatonlelle, an area along the Balaton Lake, one of Europe's favorite vacation areas. I will be working there at setting up a camp organized by the Roma Self Government in Hungary.
On June 14th, I will be a volunteer staff person for the first week that the camp is open.
On June 21st, I will be attending my final ÖDÉ retreat/seminar.
In July, my focus will be on the group coming from Ohio to work at the day camp with St. Columba's Church. They will be in town until July 19th...

Before I know it, my time here will be finished. I'm realizing it very quickly... and it's a little bittersweet.

*~*~*

Pillow FIGHT! - Young people and pillows took over Clark Adam Tér in Budapest




*~*~*

Earth Hour! - People around the world turned out the lights for one hour to speak out against mistreatment of our world's resources.

Fire dancing without lights in the castle

No comments: