Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Lists and motivations and resolutions... and city views...

So, I started a list of goals (which has only been made know to a select few) on January 4, 2009 - it's a list of 101 things that I want to accomplish in 1001 days. My challenge will end on October 1, 2011.
Yesterday was my year anniversary and as I took a look at my list and started rearranging, I realized that there are 22 things that I crossed off completely.
I'm not going to list them all here, but, here are a select few:

get a second tattoo: my sister and I now have matching tattoos - she'll always claim that she got it first and I copied her - and really that's technically what happened, but I will always refer to it as a sort of 'sister' tattoo. sisters by design, best friends by choice...
successfully fast for 24 days: wow. personally, i know it wasn't 100% successful, but if ever little flaw was counted we wouldn't have a place in Heaven, now would we? but there were no crazy screw ups. I will never look at veggies the same way though. Or juicers
fix things with MikeN and drop MichaelJ: so glad these were both accomplished. one was missed so much, and the other was such a bad influence on me.
get a professional massage: haha. i don't think I could ever forget that experience. thanks to David for forcing the issue.
freecycle 101 items: i had no doubt that I could accomplish this one - simplifying for my move made it easy, but it's hard to believe I had more than 101 things in excess. i thought i'd always lived a fairly simplistic lifestyle
go geocaching: thanks to Kevin for making this happen and for continuing to take me often. it's a great new hobby :) i was telling matt a couple weeks ago how sweet it would be to geocache in Budapest.
finish painting my bathroom: it was finished... and then I moved out 6 months later. ah well, it was pretty while it lasted :)
be in a paintball fight and ENJOY getting shot at: i'm gonna admit, i did NOT enjoy the first time i got hit, but the entire experience is one that will live on in my memory for many, many years to come. It may just need to become an annual trip!

anyway, I still have a year and 10 months left before I finish and there are still 79 things that need to be crossed off.

Everyone always asks about New Years resolutions - I don't make them. This list has been crazy inspiring and I plan to see it through. It keeps me motivated and crossing things off is a great way to look at the year's achievements. Every year we think back and wonder what we did... now I have 22 things guiding me along the memories and accomplishments.

*~*~*

A walk to and through Castle District
As I began my walk, I stumbled upon a group of people hanging out at Parliament - it was the removal of the tree time! Apparently they need a crane to do the job! I guess the alternative is "Timber!" which, while a lot more entertaining, would be a lot more dangerous...


the view from the top. I think i told you this before, but I never get sick of this view! in the first picture, you can see Margit Island and parliament... in the second picture you can see the Chain Bridge and St. Stephen's basilica



this is the only existing old city gate


and this is Fisherman's Bastion - named for the portion of the wall defended by the Guild of Fishermen. however, it's not medievel - it was added in 1905. Sorry, kids... it looks cool, though :)

2 comments:

Mike N. said...

such a lovely city!

Trazy Lyn said...

i know! it's so beautiful! there's so much character in EVERYTHING!