Monday, June 7, 2010

WHAT?!

I shut down my computer last night...
and started it again this morning

I lost my pictures.



No, not ALL my pictures, but the ones that I hadn't posted on here or in Facebook yet (which means they were only being held on here and hadn't been put on my flash drive because that's my system...)

goodbye pictures of Cluj-Napoca,
goodbye pictures of horses taking over Budapest,
goodbye random pictures of life in Budapest...
ugh.



What's funny is that I lost them because I accepted that my computer had seriously imploded and so I moved all of them to the new "pictures" folder.
So, when my computer reverted back to its old self this morning (except I don't have any sound again), I lost everything that had been created or saved during the short-lived random freak-out episode.

What's double funny is that I just packed all my flash drives because in going to Balatonlelle, I'm sure there won't be regular internet access, so it'll give me a reason to categorize all my stuff - now that I've lost my pictures and my music (which I'm way less concerned about, except that I lost the hard to find Hungarian worship songs that I paid twice what I usually pay for music... grrr...), I only have documents to move around and organize, so we're talking way less time and I could probably do that while waiting for my ride tonight.

hmmm... life is funny.

No comments: