Friday, June 14, 2013

Home Away From Home

First of all, many have asked and I have failed to send in a speedy fashion.
My new address is:

Trazy Richter
353 Heberton Ave
Staten Island, NY 10302

Here is a picture of the outside of the house (stolen from Google Maps):





I live in the back apartment... in the basement.  Are you ready for this?
I would like to walk you through a tour of my apartment.

First, this the view of my front door from the inside.  The front entry way gives it a very rustic feel, so you may not even remember that you're within the New York City limits.

Upon entering the second door, this is what you'll find.  The stairs lead up to the home upstairs which is owned by a Rabbi and his wife.  The hallway leads back to my roommate's bedroom to the left and there are two doors on the right (that you really can't see in this picture).  The first door is the bathroom (which has two entry doors) and the second is the kitchen.

This is the door to my roommate's room.  This is my roommate's coffee table.  It has been moved, but there wasn't any room left to move it into her bedroom.

This is the bathroom.  The shower curtain is delightfully tacky and the shower itself, well... the water pressure is great, so I can't be too negative about it.  And yes, the toilet is blue... and so is the sink.

Welcome to the kitchen!  Note the stove, table and chairs, sink... yes, it's a kitchen.

Hey look, a refrigerator!  Behind the fridge, you'll notice a door.  That door does not go to my bedroom.  It actually goes into a small room in an L-shape into which not even a twin-sized bed would fit.  It has been deemed as Tooki's room.  Tooki is the cat I found here when I moved in.  Her mother was the survivor of a home in which she was abused and while she awaits a permanent housing situation for herself and for Tooki, I guess my roommate and I are her foster moms.

This is the "door" to my room.  It has actually been made thicker with the use of a "homeless" blanket aka a single use blanket because you can't wash them or they will fall apart.  Word on the streets is that there will be a door there eventually.

Here is my room.  Yes, it's huge.  It is designed to be a living room, but since my roommate claimed the bedroom, this got to be my space.  Look at that nice twin size bed, purple rug, end table (serving as a night stand) and green chair I got from random donations!

Check out that closet space!

Oh, and I got a dresser for free!  OH, and that door?  It leads to my roommate's room.

No comments: