Monday, October 6, 2014

What Am I Afraid Of?

This is a loaded question.  I am afraid of so many things I cannot even name.  I suppose I'll start with the ones I can name... and see what comes to me?

1) The Dark.  This is always the first one that comes to mind.  Maybe it's my past experiences in the dark that cause this... maybe it's the scary movies I enjoy... maybe it's the noises that happen only when it's dark...  I don't know.  However, I hate hate hate hate hate being alone in the dark.  I start to hear things.  I start to see things.

2) Loneliness.  This maybe coincides with #1.  It could also be taken to have many deep meanings.  I'm afraid of feeling loneliness, but not of being alone (in the light).  I enjoy spending time alone and actually need it a little each day, but the feeling of wanting to be with people and not having anyone to be with is frightening to me.

3) God.  Maybe it's cliché, but it's true.
Proverbs 1:7 - The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Ecclesiastes 12:13 - Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the duty of all mankind.

Deuteronomy 10:12 - And now, Israel, what does the Lord your God ask of you but to fear the Lord your God, to walk in obedience to him, to love him, to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul...

4) Being broke.  I was there.  I was at the end of my financial rope, in the bottom of the pit and trying to dig my way out.  I absolutely never ever ever want to be back there.  I pulled myself out and I will continue to stay above that line.  No matter what it takes.  My budget sheet and plan has been flawless, as long as I stick to it.  The problem of sticking to it is pretty much handled by the fear listed above.

No comments: