Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Evacuation

I have some serious and urgent news. You see, there was a part of our 2 week training to which I didn't really pay attention. It was the part about security risks and emergency evacuations. I didn't feel like it would ever pertain to me, since Hungary, despite its tumultuous past, seems to be a rather peaceful country.

This is only the way it appears from the outside.
The events of the last few days are ones that will probably scar me for the rest of my life. I want to be able to look back on this experience with a smile, so I can only pray that God allows my heart to rest soon.

I read a quote by a Nobel prize winner once. He was asked if he believed in aliens. He responded "Yes, I believe they live among us. They are called Hungarians."
Everyone thought he was kidding or being mean. Well, ladies and gentlemen, it's not funny anymore.
With elections coming on April 11th, two rival 'parties' have started to rage war.

This began this last week with a simple act. One group turned off all the lights on Parlament, Castle Hill, St. Stephen's Basilica, Citadella, the Chain Bridge, and many other BIG places throughout the city. The other party, in protest, started banging on drums and revealing their true nature.

The city has broken out in violence. People have started to become no longer people. Think I'm kidding? Check out these pictures. I thought they were cute at first... we all did. Kinda like baby bears. They're cute until they try to eat your face!



Anyway, I need to cut to the chase. I don't have internet access, this is all being typed out by a telegraph machine I found in the local grocery store.

All Richters are being evacuated. Seems they have a thing for judges in any language. Since Richter is German for "judge," I have to get out of the country.
I'm posting my itinerary here for only a few hours in fear that if THEY find out, I'll be stopped. Please please please do not post this ANYWHERE!

again I repeat - this is a matter of life or death.
DO NOT POST THIS ANYWHERE OR EVEN TELL ANYONE OR SHOOT, DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT. They can read your minds!

This is my itinerary and I need you to pick me up from the airport. Given the severe trauma that I've faced in the last week, this is not the time for me to be stranded somewhere.

LOT Polish Air
Flight 534 Departs: 9:30a
Ferihegy (BUD) Arrives: 10:40a
Frederic Chopin (WAW)
Coach | Embraer RJ145 Amazon (Regional Jet ) | 1h 10m
Layover in Warsaw, Poland (WAW) for 1h 30m
LOT Polish Air
Flight 1 Departs: 12:10p
Frederic Chopin (WAW) Arrives: 3:15p
O'Hare Inter­national (ORD)
Coach | Boeing 767-300 (Wide-body Jet) | 10h 05m
Layover in Chicago, IL (ORD) for 1h 40m
United
Flight 7504
Operated by Shuttle America Departs: 4:55p
O'Hare Inter­national (ORD) Arrives: 6:45p
Gerald R. Ford Intl (GRR)



Please pray for Jeff, Matt, Kristy and Emilie. They've all decided to join forces fighting the aliens and fight for the rights of the Richters and Hungarian people everywhere.

PS - if you don't believe me, this is the video from when they turned off the lights and then protested with drums.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If this is a joke i'm never talking to you again

-Alexandra Hunt

Jeff and April Fiet said...

I am praying for your protection - I'm worried...but I know God is faithful.

Anonymous said...

April fools? :P