Tuesday, May 11, 2010

another closed door?

So, this is starting to materialize as the way I'll remember my year: Closed Doors.

At the school, closed doors appeared because teachers didn't want us present in their rooms unless I was teaching. It was not only fear of their English lessons, but also a feeling like I would judge them. Observing and simply helping in the room weren't options.

At the tanoda, it was all good until funding issues came up and they closed their doors. I've been awaiting word that they reopened, but have yet to personally receive it, though a source has revealed that they might have. Still waiting for the director to email me and let me know for sure, but maybe this place will, in fact, have another opened door.

At the children's house, I have begun arriving, only to find no one there. The gates are locked and no one is inside. Closed doors mean that someone forgot to tell me that they're not open.



And yet... I'm supposed to remain positive. I'm still trying to figure out how to do this while still faced with the reality that it will likely all be repeated tomorrow.

*~*~*

Hungarian National Holiday - March 15th

The Hungarian National Anthem is being played by a band on the steps of Parliament... this is as close as we could get :P


a political demonstration (quite a popular day for them, actually, so we high-tailed it out before any got interesting)


oh, look! they decorated!


*~*~*

World War 2 Shoe Memorial along the Danube

"To the memory of the victims
shot into the Danube
by Arrow Cross Militiamen
in 1944-1945"


No comments: