Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Christmas, aches and castle explorations...

People keep asking what I want for Christmas. In the course of a week, 5 different people, for 5 different reasons, have asked for a wishlist.
Now, my family stands by wishlists – they’ve been a part of our Thanksgiving tradition for my entire adult life. Everyone makes a list and puts it on the refrigerator, then we kids all decide what we’re getting everyone. Usually Randy, my baby brother, is like, the moderator of the whole deal and makes sure we’re all getting something different. It’s pretty hardcore, if you ask me. We’re also pretty set in it and it’s good because I don’t know what else I would rely on as far as ideas… especially since I would rather get people something they really want and would use, instead of something they’re going to forget about.
So, I guess since Thanksgiving is in a couple days, I should probably start thinking about my wishlist. Yeah, this feels really vain, but at the same time, I haven’t really given those who have asked much to work with.

• socks – the more fun, the better – dollar stores have great selections – I’ve gone through 4 pairs of socks over here. I don’t know why and I don’t know where to get cheap ones over here yet
• Food – there’s a ‘fine foods’ market here where I can get pop-tarts, peanut butter, ranch dressing and cereal, but everything is about triple the price I would find in the states – microwave popcorn and any other snacks are things I don’t get for myself usually, so those are also a good idea.
• Camera batteries
• Instant coffee – there can’t be too much of this around here
• Personal care things – chapstick, q-tips, lotion, one of those collapsible laundry baskets, a small face cloth (mine went missing…)
• DVDs or DVDs uploaded to a flash drive are good ideas as well.
• Any letters/cards/pictures to decorate my wall
• Money – Visa gift cards or donations to my account because I still need to raise about $2000 in order to be squared away for this year

• Things for my ministry: arts/crafts supplies, games that don’t use a lot of words (Uno?), nail polish, puzzles, sticky tack for hanging things on the walls, pencils with erasers attached

It seems so weird to have “peanut butter” on my Christmas list. HAH! It’s a sad reality, but in all honesty, if everyone got me peanut butter and coffee for Christmas, I’d be a really happy Trazy :P



In other news, I felt like junk today. My whole body ached and I had a headache all day. There weren’t any other symptoms except for lack of appetite (until 5 minutes ago, when I wanted to clean out the kitchen!), so I’m not too concerned, just laying low today. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll be all better and it was just a fluke.

*~*~*
Ladies and gentlemen, you might want to sit down for this… I have for you my first pictures WITH kids! :) Yeah, woah.
So, on Wednesdays, the Ferencvárosi Tanoda (my afternoon placement) takes a field trip. Last week, we went to the Budai Vár (Buda Castle). Okay, taking a group of kids anywhere is a treat, right? How about a group of really really obnoxious kids? Let’s just say that I would love to go back to the castle with some adults :P

Here we are riding up the Budai Var Siklo, a ski-lift meets train that takes you up. These are just the girls and a little dude, the boys are in another car.


And look! We all met at the top!


Here the kids are, playing on some ruins. Yeah, yeah, that’s definitely tilos (not allowed), but they’re doing it anyway. *sigh*


This is the whole group minus me in front of some castle. Very cool picture, because they all look like such ANGELS! :) hah!


Henni and some of the kids are exploring the castle – so cute :)

No comments: