Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Great people and a GREATER God!

So, yesterday, as I sat here and typed out the blog post, I had no idea that at the same time, there were people all over the world trying to figure out to get me the best help they could as far as my tooth. This is what happened: I text messaged Dick and Carolyn Otterness, who have lived here for three years, so surely they know where to send me to get my tooth fixed. The thought of finances doesn’t even cross my mind because really, it needs to be taken care of and I don’t doubt that God’s got my back on this. Dick then emails Jay (from the RCA), Emese (from ÖDÉ) and Aaron (from St. Columba’s Church) asking for their advice. Dick and Emese are currently in the Czech Republic or Poland (I’m confused, really…), Jay is in Michigan and Aaron is in Budapest. Turns out, dental is not covered by my insurance, so this is going to be a financial issue. Emese recommends a dentist or two, but they will be expensive. Dick and Carolyn have a dentist that apparently loves the work that they are doing and so provides services at a seriously reduced cost, but they won’t be back in town until the end of the week. Aaron also lives in Budapest, and may be able to recommend a dentist, depending on the need and whether it’s an emergency or not. Anyway, I had no idea that this was all going on until I got to the boys’ flat last night to check the internet.

I know that God is capable of taking this frustration and completely wiping it away. He’s God and He’s capable of everything! It’s now a question of whether He is willing. So, here’s my plea. Will you please offer up prayers that this would, in fact, just go away? It will make my week and my weekend a little easier. In the beginning of the next week, I will be going to the dentist that Dick and Carolyn see and get on track to get it fixed.

For now, praise God that there are such great people over here and back home that truly care and are willing to help me figure things out, instead of just letting me figure it out by myself. I’m sure I could find a dentist over here, but not sure I could find one that speaks English and probably not one that would accept my financial situation.



Also, please be praying for me tomorrow. In order to help me find my niche, I am meeting with a director at a local homeless shelter after school. I am really pumped about the possibility of jumping into another project that will help to occupy my time and use my love of people to enhance the lives of those in need. Köszönöm (Thank you).

*~*~*

This is a beautiful picture of Keleti Pályaudvar (East Train Station) just as the sun is setting (at 4p, yes – the sun sets early here – it’s the joy of being on the far east of a time zone). There’s a lot of construction happening in front of it, so you can see plywood walls in the bottom of the picture, but still, it’s a beautiful sight! This was taken as we were dropping Emilie and Simon off to go back to Magyarmecske in southern Hungary.


Prior to traveling to visit Kristy’s village, she and I stopped into the local market and grabbed some ‘chocolate’. I say chocolate because it was more wax than chocolate. I guess that what we get when we try to find the cheapest chocolate. Upon further investigation of the wrapper, we discover the following phrase. I’m not sure what a ‘compound mass’ is, but it does NOT sound delicious at all. It’s all funny because ‘kedvenc’ means ‘favorite’. NOT my favorite :P


Mike Nowak, this picture is for you. It’s one of the most interesting buildings I’ve seen and I truly thought of you when I took this picture. It’s from the small city of Szekszard, where Kristy had to go to apply for her residential visa. Imagine walking through a city that was beautiful everywhere, eating freshly roasted chestnuts… and then you have one of my afternoons of Kristy. So dream-worthy!


Shawn, baby sister, this picture is for you. As Simon and Jeff and I were walking through Varosliget (the city park), we came across this piece of artwork and I thought this was amazing. What do you think?


Hehe – this guy is scary. This is one of the times when knowing Hungarian is unimportant. Now, it would be nice to know Latin. This scary looking statue holds a book in Latin. I wish I could tell you the meaning of the statue, but I haven’t a clue. I know my dad took Latin in school… I wonder if he remembers any. Anyway, this is one of the guys you can meet in Budapest :)

2 comments:

Mike N. said...

Oh Trazy, thanks for the photo! What a dream indeed!

Trazy Lyn said...

you're so welcome!
cheers, mate!