Monday, November 23, 2009

potty break!

So, I am actually going to write an update in this little 'update box' instead of writing it beforehand in Word and copying/pasting it. woah.

So today, Silke pointed out something very funny and sad at the same time. She asked, after I returned from the bathroom, "How was the teachers' bathroom?"
...
You see, we have been working at the Vörösmarty Iskola for exactly two months now (we bought our third monthly pass for the public transportation today). We were never really given a tour or told what to do as far as school system is concerned. We couldn't figure out how the teachers got coffee out of the coffee machine, when all we can get is juice, hot cocoa, tea and hot vanilla (num!)... I mean, I have an addiction. And when I press the magic button, I want coffee and not to be told to choose something else. Turns out there's a key that will enable the coffee selections. Great. Another thing we've just been doing is using the lanyok (girls') bathroom. We see the tanari (teacher's) bathroom, but they're always locked. Today, however, I discovered and used the key.
...
so, Silke asked, "How was the teachers' bathroom?" and then commented "we've been here two months and just learned how to go to the bathroom!" hah!

*~*~*

As many of you know, part of my being here is to work with St. Columba's and work to bring together the youth of that community. So far, we've had two events: movie (Wall-E) and bowling.
Here's a few of our crew taking each other on in a test of mad bowling skills.

Benny:


Veci:


Aaron:


Benny again:

No comments: