Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Breathtaking, Amazing, Beautiful... Like a Dream

You think I just looked in a mirror, don't you? :) haha!
Yesterday was amazing. After refueling on coffee and gas, I was headed to my grand destination: the GRAND CANYON!!!

It's just like the pictures. It's the most breath-taking sight I've ever seen. In fact, at my first vantage point, I teared up a bit. I couldn't believe the beauty, the grandeur, the serenity that filled me... just... WOW!

There was no cell service at the Grand Canyon, so for 5 hours, I was unreachable and undisturbed. It made the experience even more perfect, actually. I took lots of pictures, got a nice sunburn and emptied lots of bottles of water (I promise that I'm recycling!)

Upon leaving the Grand Canyon, there was a nice little rainstorm, but other than that, it was gorgeous weather. I couldn't have asked for anything better and the pictures will show that.

As I left and regained connectivity, I stopped and got a pie from Williams, Arizona (the town that the movie "Cars" is created to look like) because they supposedly have the best pie in Arizona and I was headed to my aunt's house for dinner. Then I began my 2 hour journey into the desert.

There are scorpions, rattlesnakes and tarantulas. There are cacti. There is a LOT of sand. There are desert bunnies and more cacti. HAHA! My aunt lives in a beautiful setting - in a valley surrounded by mountains.

Anyway, after a big meal with my aunt, her partner Teri and my cousin Todd, let me tell you: that pie WAS the best pie in Arizona. It was huge and delicious! So, if you're ever in Williams, AZ, stop at the Pine Country Restaurant and have a slice of (or a whole) pie!

Now I'm headed on a sightseeing tour of Arizona, Nevada and California and will return to Phoenix, AZ for dinner with another side of my family tonight :)

*****

I honestly have no thoughts except that the Grand Canyon was so beautiful, I couldn't help but praise Him all day yesterday.

Today, no matter what happens, I hope to remember how great, how wonderful, how AWESOME our God is and will be forevermore.

No comments: