Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Packing

This is the longest trip I've packed for since Hungary. Thankfully I'm not leaving for a year, again, but there's still a lot of stuff to pack.

I have to think about personal hygiene and that brings up "where and when will i shower?"

I have to think about temperature and what I'll wear and that brings up "who will I see and where will I visit and what's appropriate?"

I have to think about entertainment and that brings up "how do I want to fill my mind as I journey?"

I have to think about money and that brings up "what do I limit myself on and where should i splurge?"

I have to think about food and snacks and beverages... and that brings up "how can i not gain 30lbs because i'll just be doing a whole lot of sitting and munching?"

I have to think about safety and making sure I have emergency stuff and that brings up "how can i make the most of this trip while doing my part to make sure that I am safe? I know God's got me in the palm of His hand, but I'd rather not be stupid :P"

I have to think about directions and maps and a GPS... and that brings up "how can i see everything while pacing myself?"



I'm so excited to finally be doing this. I remember when I first made the decision to go. I remember when the choice was between going to the Dominican Republic resort for Thanksgiving or going on this massive roadtrip. I remember when I first made my list and thought, I really want to see the Grand Canyon before I die... so why not now when I'm young? I remember making the decision to travel alone and how many disappointed people there were.
:)
I can't wait until this trip is a memory!

No comments: