Monday, December 14, 2009

some updates and some pictures - that's what's up!

just a few brief notes:
* tonight I am working on my newsletter - i swears!
* Tesco and I aren't the greatest of friends, really. I am finding way better deals at Match.
* I am going to attempt to make no bake cookies tonight too - just gotta find peanut butter first.
* more snow tomorrow! hopefully some will stick and it will warrant a hike up to Citadella in the evening.
* I've added a few more blogs - if I'm not updating enough for you (haha!), there are other people to the right who are serving around the world - find a place that looks interesting and check it out.

Now I'm off to check out my coffee and croissant stash before I debate whether I'm well enough to go to the Tanoda.

*~*~*

and because NO post can go without pictures (because I have a million to share with you!), here are some pictures of my new church family. Don't worry, Home Acres, you haven't been replaced, but these guys are becoming family to me as well.

THIS is my favorite part of each worship service. "A Time For the Children" - Lukács and Zsuzsi - Luke and Susie and Pastor Aaron always share with the kids for a moment. IT's great!


Here are some of the kids showing off their artwork :)


Thanksgiving in Budapest and look who's all here! Okay - we kinda have rows here... We have (from the top) Carolyn Otterness (RCA Missionary in Budapest),
next row: Matt Bishop (ELCA YAGM in Budapest), Kristin French (English teacher in Újszász, Hungary), Dick Otterness (RCA Missionary in Budapest),
next row: Emily Ewing (ELCA YAGM in Rakovce, Slovakia), Sepp Helgeson (ELCA YAGM in Velky Slavkov, Slovakia), Emilie Swenson (ELCA YAGM in Magyarmecske, Hungary)
next row: Jeff Lampen (RCA Mission Volunteer in Nyirtelek, Hungary), Kristy Bergman (ELCA YAGM in Sarszentlörinc, Hungary), Lisa Cockerham (ELCA YAGM in Presov, Slovakia)... and then there's me.


youth group at St. Columba's - we're sitting there, reading about all the names of God, talking about what the names mean and what our name means and everything is going well... until the power goes off. So, here we are, reading the Bible by candlelight... it felt so... Dominican Republic! hah!

No comments: