Thursday, December 10, 2009

travelling, Christmas plans, lack of snow... and a cave church!

This weekend, I'm doing a bit of travelling. I'll be headed down to Magyarmecske with Timothee to visit Emilie, Simon and Livia. Magyarmecske is a very small village outside of Pécs, in southern Hungary. It's about a 4 hour train ride, which I will take very early tomorrow morning and again on Sunday. It will be good to see friends again, but also to see where they are serving and experience their life for a couple days.
So, I need to figure out how to take coffee on a train. Hmmm...

Looks like I won't be alone on Christmas eve - Simon, my German friend, is coming into town because he flies on out Christmas morning. Get this - he's going to surprise his family - no one knows he's going to be coming home except for the friend picking him up at the airport. How cute is that?! Anyway, we'll be here in Budapest together, so that should be fun. Still not sure about Christmas day, but hey, this is a start.

Michigan has had an abundance of snow already. I'm not sure why that makes me homesick, but it does. I hate snow! However, we haven't had any here yet, which is weird. It hasn't been cold enough! It is currently 43*F, which is about what it's been the last month. Hopefully soon - I want a white Christmas!

So, I'll probably update again in Magyarmecske, but until then, I wish you good days.

*~*~*

This is a cave church in the side of Gellert Hegy (the hill that Citadella is on). Everytime I've hiked to the top, the cave church has been closed. However, Sepp, Emilie and I found it open. Score! Pastor Darrell, what do you say? I really liked this setting - should we move Home Acres to a cave? ;)

The entrance:


it's a Catholic church, so I'm going to assume this is Mother Mary


I'm thinking this could be the youth group section...


this could be... the spot where the naughty kids go?


and this is the sanctuary... with Sepp thoughtfully gazing at the cross. It's very artistic, which I'm shocked about because my camera is broken... so I have no idea what I'm taking pictures of... :) and yet, this, I think, is beautiful.

No comments: