Thursday, December 3, 2009

stories?... and the Great Market Hall

I am running out of things to write about, to be honest. I feel like the bulk of my posts are the pictures, which is good because I like sharing them with you. However, there's not much else going on right now. I'm still struggling to find my place in this world. I am reading Don Miller's new book "A Million Miles In a Thousand Years" and he's talking about creating our stories. I guess I'm trying to find my story. I don't want to be the girl remembered for only doing what she wants. I want to be remembered as the girl that also did what she didn't want and saw great things come out of it.

That's my one thought today.

*~*~*

So, there are these great places around town called Csarnokok (markets) - there's at least one in every district of Budapest. However, there is a GIANT one south of me called The Great Market Hall. It's a great place to take visitors during these rainy days. You can find all kinds of things and I want to highlight my latest visit (with Emilie and Sepp) to you. Enjoy!

This is your typical meat stand - marhahús means beef.


here are a couple views from the top level where you can find all kinds of souvenir type items.



So, I'll be honest - I hope no one's offended by this picture. The pig is saying "Ahhh..." Upon further investigation, Sepp and I realized that it could have a few different meanings, but I'm going to go with my original thought: he's screaming because he's dead. yup. poor little guy!


Also available in the market halls are great Hungarian specialty foods. So, if looking at that pig made you hungry, you can go upstairs and grab some pork to eat. That's not exactly what I did, but hey... if that's what floats your boat, don't let me stop you!

1 comment:

Mike N. said...

Market Hall looks awesome!