Monday, July 12, 2010

Part 1 of 10 --- Re-entry Preparation

Over the next 10 days, I will fly back home. The specifics of when I fly have not been made public, in fact, I want to urge those of you who DO know to please not make this information known. Reverse culture shock is very real and I certainly would appreciate time spent alone with my family and re-acquainting myself with being back in Michigan.

I can say in all honesty that I am NOT home now. After these next 10 posts, you will see a post that tells you that I am home and if you wish to call, you will find a phone number where you can call or text me.

*~*~*

The next 10 blog posts are taken from a list posted here. Andrea is the coordinator for ELCA's Young Adults in Global Missions in Mexico. Matt, Emilie, Kristy, Sepp, Lisa and Emily are all YAGMs in Hungary and Slovakia and while the post was made for them, it also applies to my year. In the next 10 posts, I will take each topic and expand on it a bit toward my specific re-entry.

*~*~*

DON'T ask the question, "So, how was it?"

It's simply not possible to sum up the entire year in one word or even one paragraph. In fact, the best way to describe the year would be "try it someday if you get the chance. you'll see..."

For those of you that have followed my blog, you've followed a huge range of emotions. You've also followed a huge range of experiences. You've even followed my many excessively worded blogs only to come to no conclusion about what life here is really like.

Ask me specific questions.
"What did you do in your free time?"
"Who did you find yourself confiding in?"
"What was the food like?"
"Where did you travel?"

Ask about seasons or holidays or specific moments in history... (I had just left Poland the day the Polish president died! Can't forget that memory!)

or, since I won't update on my last days here, ask about those. Ask about the big bash right before I left. Ask about the flights home.

Concrete questions with concrete answers are what I'll be able to properly answer without having a swarm of emotions flooding through me all leading to different conclusions.

No comments: