Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Part 2 of 10 --- Re-entry Preparation

I haven't watched real television in the last year. I haven't gone to the movies. I haven't gone to a mall (even though shopping would have been a cultural experience of its own).

Living in Budapest means I did a lot of the same things that most people living in the city would do in the US, but I did them differently.

Please - spend time with me.
Be assertive and invite me to hang out (because I'm going to assume that if you don't invite me, I'd be imposing), but let me take the lead on where we go and what we do. There will be things I've missed (Taco Bell and Boba Latte) and want to do... and things I just can't handle.

Going to Meijer or Walmart would be one of those things. For a year, I haven't really gone to a one-stop supermarket unless you count the two Tesco visits and it was only in their food section for the church lunch.

There will also be things that I did here that I probably won't want to do again (getting receipts for reimbursements, which can be a long process)...
and things that I've done here that I wish I could do more of when I return to Michigan (night walks, fresh bread)...

Let me take the lead and don't probe with questions the entire time :) Time is the most valuable thing to me at the moment.

***

Hebrews 10:24 - And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds.

Zsidókhoz 10:24 - És ügyeljünk egymásra, a szeretetre és jó cselekedetekre való felbuzdulás végett...

Dear God,
I pray that my time here was able to be used to move other peoples' hearts. Hearts in the USA. Hearts in Hungary. Hearts in Slovakia, UK, Germany, Poland, Ukraine, Romania, Mexico, Thailand, Japan, Turkey, Israel, France, Italy, Canada... and any other countries I have had contact with this last year.
I pray that my year was indeed a year of love and good deeds, that the seeds I have sown may grow and come to bear fruit.
I pray that as I return to the USA, you will guide my heart, my mind and my steps to continue to love others and do good deeds. I also pray that you allow me to spur others to follow Your calling on their lives.

No comments: