Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Final Month

well... the countdown has started.
Today I bought my last monthly pass... and rode my last real train (metro doesn't count).

As much as I'm looking forward to going home, I'm going to miss a lot of things.

* Budapest transportation and my mastering of it.
* Hungarian transportation and the ability to go from one tiny village to another tiny village across the country completely without bothering friends for rides.
* Hungarian language. As much as I hated it to begin with, I am falling in love with it more and more each day. KOMOLYAN! (SERIOUSLY!)
* colorful money and being about to know how much money i have just by looking at the colors of the bills.
* carrying around thousands of forints and having it not be enough to go grocery shopping or buy a monthly ticket.
* the happiness and sadness that comes from sweet lunches.
* soup every day
* Turo Rudis
* seeing the Hungarian Parliament every time I leave my flat
* saying the word "flat" instead of "apartment"
* Castles
* Roman ruins
* greeting and saying goodbye with kisses
* wishing a good meal to each person you see eating
* half price
* jumping from an Italian keyboard to a German keyboard to a Hungarian keyboard to an American keyboard within one day in computer land
* having a courtyard
* being only a few hours away from other countries
* Surprising Hungarians with my amazing Hungarian pronunciation
* wine in a castle overlooking such a beautiful city

No comments: