Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Part 9 of 10 --- Re-entry Preparation

Perhaps you had hopes, dreams, and aspirations for me that were interrupted by my year of service. I know that I had hopes, dreams and aspirations that were, seemingly, interrupted by this year.

Well, toss those things in the trash. A large percentage of people returning from a year of mission work will make significant changes to their long-term goals and plans. I haven't QUITE decided what that route is, but I'm in the process of figuring it all out.

For me, I realized that I could very easily see myself working in missions for a long-term goal, but not just in Latin America. I can't rule out Europe anymore. I have had a fire reignited for bridging gaps between people groups, no matter where they are located on our beautiful Earth.
Also, I've realized a spiritual gift: hospitality. I LOVED hosting people here in Budapest and taking them through my city as well as teaching them about my various positions here and the work going on. I've also made the decision that I WILL return to school, although time and place are still very undecided. I will pursue education in Ministry and Teaching English as a Foreign Language.

Regardless of what I decide to do from here, rejoice! This year hasn't changed WHO I am; it has simply made me better at discerning God's call on my life :)

***

2 Corinthians 12:9 - But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

2 Korintusi 12:9 - És ezt mondá nékem: Elég néked az én kegyelmem; mert az én erõm erõtlenség által végeztetik el. Nagy örömest dicsekeszem azért az én erõtelenségeimmel, hogy a Krisztus ereje lakozzék én bennem.

No comments: