Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Part 3 of 10 --- Re-entry Preparation

Expect some feelings of jealousy and resentment.

These will come from both sides - from me and from you.

From me - While I was stripped away from all those close to me, all of you remained and only lost me. While I can claim to be a huge part of your lives, I know the reality is that I am only a small part. You moved on with your lives and I will be trying to find my place in it as I return. I expect this to be one of the most difficult parts of my re-entry because as much as I want things to go back to the way they were before I left, I know that they won't ever be completely the same.

From you - The relationships that I formed were formed quickly and deeply. The fact that I will talk non-stop about my friends from Hungary doesn't mean that I don't love you, too. It simply means that I am in mourning - mourning the loss of those meaningful relationships that helped me survive this last year. For some of them, I realize that I will probably never see them again, even in Paradise. In this regard, I ask you to treat me as you would treat anyone in mourning.

***

Exodus 3:2-4 - There the angel of the LORD appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up. 3 So Moses thought, "I will go over and see this strange sight—why the bush does not burn up." When the LORD saw that he had gone over to look, God called to him from within the bush, "Moses! Moses!" And Moses said, "Here I am."

2 Mózes 3:2-4 - És megjelenék néki az Úr angyala tûznek lángjában egy csipkebokor közepébõl, és látá, hogy ímé a csipkebokor ég vala; de a csipkebokor meg nem emésztetik vala. S monda Mózes: Oda megyek, hogy lássam e nagy csudát, miért nem ég el a csipkebokor. És látá az Úr, hogy oda méne megnézni, és szólítá õt Isten a csipkebokorból, mondván: Mózes, Mózes. Ez pedig monda: Ímhol vagyok.

Dear God,
You have shown Yourself in many ways. To Moses, You appeared as a burning bush. To me, You have appeared in the faces of Hungarians, Roma, refugees and many others. Thank You for appearing to me. Thank You for calling my name. Thank You for giving me the strength, support and desire to say "Here I am." Father, as I continue to follow You, continue to appear to me. Help to keep looking for You. Continue to call my name so that I may answer You and follow You.

No comments: